Christmas Family Feud
Much thanks to those of you who participated in my recent Christmas survey. How nice to have my very own sample group of family and friends so that I can prepare this game for my youth group! Below are the results of the survey. The top answers in each category are listed. For example, 25% of those surveyed answered "lights" in response to question one.
1. Name something you hang on a Christmas Tree.
7% candy cane
2. Name a Christmas carol.
35% Silent Night
10% Oh, Holy Night
7% Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
7% Hark the Herald Angels Sing
7% Away in a Manger
3. Name one of Santa's reindeer.
4. A role that someone might play in a Christmas pageant.
20% Mary, Mother of Jesus
15% Wise Man
5. The color of a Christmas tree light.
6. The number of days you leave your tree up after Christmas.
37% One Week
12% Ten Days
7% Eight Days
5% Two Weeks
5% Twelve Days
7. A book of the Bible that tells you about Christ's birth.
12% I Don't Know
8. How old were you when you found out that there was no Santa Claus?
25% Age Seven
19% There isn't a Santa Claus?
15% Age Ten
12% Age Six
10% Age Nine
9. Name a Christmas decoration other than a tree.
7% Manger Scene
10. Name something associated with Santa Claus.
11. Name something that people usually do on Christmas day.
40% Unwrap Gifts
5% Spend Time with Family
5% Exchange Gifts
12. Name a food or beverage that is popular at Christmas.
12% Spiced Apple Cider
13. The shape of a typical Christmas cookie.
5% Gingerbread Man
14. How many weeks before Christmas should Christmas cards be put in the mail?
47% Two Weeks
35% Three Weeks
7% One Week
15. The most popular thing that children are asking Santa for this year.
80% Pokemon !!!!!
16. Name something that people usually do on the day after Christmas.
35% Return Gifts
7% Play with Gifts
17. When before December 25th do you usually start Christmas shopping?
19% Day after Thanksgiving
7% Three weeks before Christmas
18. What is one thing you want for Christmas this year?
10% Peace on Earth
10% To be with Family
7% I Don't Know
19. What do you usually do on Christmas eve in the evening?
60% Go to Church
15% Open Gifts
7% Wrap Gifts
7% Spend Time with Family
20. Who do you usually spend Christmas day with?
For all of you educators/ youth ministers/ children's workers/ parents out there (and there are plenty on our mailing list!), feel free to use these results for your own game. I found the game in the Holidays Ideas book, by Youth Specialties. If you play using teams, each team can be awarded points based on the answers they guess correctly. For instance, if a team guesses "lights" in response to question one, it would be awarded 50 points for guessing the answer with the highest percentage. The answer "ornaments" would be worth 40 points, and so on.
Have a good time, and thanks for your help!
« Back to Stramels' Spot